Make good GR8 Choices
8 tips for KEEPING your New Year goals
We can set all the goals in the world but the success of your achievements will still boil down to one thing…great choices! Expect that you will be challenged and here are a few tips to keep those goals in a positive direction of progress.
- Get passionate about what you want! Get uncomfortable with staying in the same place as you are currently. If you want to change, you need activation energy to force you out of your comfort zone.
- Manage the big stuff: It’s easy to get sidetracked with tiny tasks that eat up your time. Focus on your BIG goals; write them down and remind yourself daily to stay on track.
- Values Matter: Make decisions that are consistent with your core beliefs and values. Make good choices today so you don’t have regrets tomorrow. Make yourself feel the embarrassing pain of the bad choice before you make it. Make yourself feel proud when you reflect that you made the right choice.
- Realize it is a journey and you will take a few wrong turns, just get back on the path as quickly as you can. So you ordered the French fries at lunch? That’s ok. For dinner let’s go extra light and get back on track.
- Get unstuck in life. Do you take the same path to work every day? Do you eat at the same things every day week after week? Get outside of your comfort zone to make the change.
- Don’t procrastinate! You rarely have all the information you need to make the “perfect” decisions. There are times when you have to make decisions based on timing and you have done the best you can with what you have.
- Keep the right perspective. View an issue from every vantage point. What do the facts say and what is your intuition telling you?
- Accountability works best when it is to a person. As a child, you did not want to disappoint your parents. Now that you are grown-up you are ok with letting yourself down (why is that?). Get your friends and families involved in your goals and watch them be proud as you succeed!
If a new career or a new team is on your goal list, let us know how we can help. We want to be part of your journey to success!