As of August 2022,
A relaxed version of the COVID-19 guidelines was released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
What employers need to know about the CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance Eliminates Precautionary Quarantine, Focuses on Boosters, Masking, and Testing
The CDC is continuing to focus efforts on preventing severe illness and post-COVID conditions, but we as employers need to be able to sensibly manage the risks and exposures of our new COVID reality. Be mindful of violations by the EEOC by maintaining consistency in all your hiring and employment practices.
For your convenience, we have included some of the CDC’s COVID updates.
- Employers can conduct screenings on employees who come to a worksite with Covid-19 symptoms or have been diagnosed with Covid-19. Asymptomatic people with no known exposure to the virus should not be subjected to screening tests.
- Employers are able to screen job applicants for COVID-19. It is crucial, however, that you remain consistent and diligent to avoid possible discrimination claims.
- The CDC says is important to stay up to date with the vaccination. Employers are welcome to continue “promoting” the importance of vaccines. Employers need to review their state laws as well. Here are the Texas law notices regarding mandates. https://www.twc.texas.gov/news/efte/covid19vaccinationissues.html
- Employers need to update their policy for employees who are not up to date on COVID-19 vaccines on what to do if exposed to someone with COVID-19. This policy will also be utilized for people with the vaccine.
- The revised guidelines state that unvaccinated people who are exposed to Covid-19 no longer need to quarantine five days if they haven’t tested positive and have no symptoms. The CDC recommends that they just need to wear a high-quality mask for 10 days and get tested on the fifth day.
- If an employee tests positive for COVID-19, the CDC recommends that they stay home for at least 5 days and isolate from others in their home.
- If employees are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication, and their symptoms are improving, or they never had symptoms, they may end isolation after day 5. A mask is advised to be worn until the 10th
- Employers can require a note from a medical professional before allowing the employee to return to work.
For more information on the new CDC guidelines, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/
For laws per state, here is a great resource and chart to help: https://www.littler.com/publication-press/publication/bouncing-back-and-forth-statewide-reopening-and-mitigation-steps
This is not legal advice and you should consult your legal team for all implemented policies.
Hiring? We are here to help! At Agency 8 Recruiting, our candidates come from Referrals, Sourcing and Headhunting… Our seasoned recruiters don’t wait for candidates to come to us – we hunt them down! As a Full-Service Recruiting and Staffing Firm, we are equipped to recruit in the 8 areas of:
Accounting | Human Resources | Engineering | Technical | Administrative | Logistics Operations | Procurement
Contact us at 832.284.4191 or firstname.lastname@example.org
“We unite successful people with successful companies”